State Education Development Agency (VIAA) in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers Regulations of 14 July 2020 No. 445 "Procedures for the Posting of Information by Institutions on the Internet" (hereinafter - Regulation No. 445) undertakes to make its website accessible.
This accessibility statement applies to the website www.studyinlatvia.lv.
A simplified accessibility assessment has been performed for the website. Methodology “Guidelines for assessing the impact of complying with accessibility requirements for institutional websites …” prepared by the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Regional Development has been used for the assessment.
VIAA website www.studinlatvia.lv partially complies with Cabinet Regulation No. 445 for the following reasons.
Cases of non-compliance with the requirements of Regulation No. 445:
- Alt Text alternatives are not included for all images on the website, so people using screen readers cannot access the information. Adding alternate text to page images is in progress.
- The headings (styles) are not marked in certain sections of the webpage (for example, in the study programme database), as well as only certain sections are marked as headings on the front page. This means that users who use screen readers cannot read the most important information in the structure of the website.
- The contrast ratio on some pages is less than 4,5:1; light grey letters are used on a white background.
- When zooming in on text, horizontal and vertical scrolling bar need to be used to view all the text on a given page.
- The keyboard access sequence on multiple pages is out of sequence. On a number of pages, visual focus does not follow keyboard access order.
- In some search input forms, keyboard navigation is not fully possible because no search prompts appear in the search field.
- Moving image sliders on the front page of the website cannot be stopped.
All the accessibility requirements on Regulation no. 445 will be met by the development of a new website in the first half of 2021. Partial improvements to the existing webpage will be carried out in the mean time; meeting full compliance of the existing webpage is not cost-effective and would result in disproportionate financial burden.
This website was last reviewed on 16 December 2020. The evaluation was performed by VIAA Information Resources Unit.
Accessibility alternatives, feedback, and communication
We are working to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems or shortcomings that are not mentioned in this notice, or you want to receive inaccessible content in another format, please contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating:
- A link to this section or content (URL),
- Your name and e-mail address,
- The desired format required for the specific content.
We will review your request and respond within 7 days.
Submission of complaints
If we have not responded adequately to your request for accessible content, you may submit a complaint to the following department:
VIAA Administrative and International Affairs Department
Legal and Facilities Management Unit
Valnu iela 1, Riga, LV 1050
If the Unit has not responded adequately to your complaint regarding the accessibility of the content of the website, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Ombudsman of the Republic of Latvia:
Office of the Ombudsman
Baznīcas iela 25 in Riga, LV-1010
Information on the preparation of the notification
The accessibility requirements of this website were verified on 16 December 2020, and it was made by the content creator of the website - VIAA Information Resources Unit. This statement was made for the first time on 29 December 2020.