In 2021, U-Multirank (unique, multidimensional and international ranking of higher education institutions) includes 21 higher education institutions from Latvia. In a global perspective, Latvian Universities perform well in the dimensions International
The Latvian institutions with the highest number of top positions (A scores – very good) are:
- Riga Technical University (13)
- Rezekne Academy of Technologies (10)
- BA School of Business and Finance (10)
- Daugavpils University (9)
- Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (9)
- Latvian Christian Academy (9)
- Riga Stradins University (9)
Although the number of A scores shows top performance for the respective university, it does not imply one university is the best in the country, as each university profile highlights different strengths. U-Multirank compares university performance across teaching and learning, research, knowledge transfer, international orientation and regional engagement.
Moreover U-Multirank measures student mobility with both incoming and outgoing students in mind, giving a more well-rounded view on how internationally diverse the student body is. Students interested in this area should explore comparisons according to international orientation. The Top universities are:
- Latvian Maritime Academy
- Latvian Christian Academy
- Rezekne Academy of Technologies
- Stockholm School of Economics in Riga
- Turiba University
The report sums up main achievements of the best performing Latvian universities - Riga Technical University received the highest number of A scores on the institutional level for Latvia in 2021.
In four indicators, Latvian institutions are among the global Top 25 Performers:
- Riga Technical University and Riga Stradins University in Open Access Publications,
- Latvian Maritime Academy and Rezekne Academy of Technologies in Student Mobility,
- University of Latvia in Co-Publications with Industrial Partners,
- Daugavpils University in our new Collaboration Index.