International students, academic and research staff have an opportunity to apply for the participation in summer schools in Latvia financed by the Latvian state scholarships. Call for applications is open by April 1st.
Opportunity to participate in one of the 7 summer schools
In 2022, candidates may choose from 7 summer schools organized by Latvian higher education institutions - the University of Latvia, Daugavpils University and Riga Technical University.
Interested students, academic and research staff from more than 40 eligible countries can apply. Eligible countries have signed an agreement on the co-operation in education and science with Latvia and are other partner countries in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
The scholarship funding will be transferred to the summer school organizers, no money will be handed out to the Latvian scholarship winners. The participants of the summer schools must cover travel expenses from the country of origin to the summer school location in Latvia, as well as insurance and visa expenses by themselves. The amount of the Latvian scholarship granted by Latvian state for summer school is 711 EUR per person for the duration of the summer school.
The necessary documents for the summer schools must be submitted directly to the organizers of the summer schools and they will inform all the applicants about the results of the scholarship competition.
The list of summer schools:
- Soviet Military History Traces in the Territory of Latvia (Daugavpils University) - August 1– 10, 2022
- Phenomenology of the Border Area: Eastern Latvia (Daugavpils University) - August 11–20, 2022
- Summer School of Latvian language and culture 2022 (University of Latvia) - July 27-August 9, 2022
- Introduction in Deep Learning for Cybersecurity (Riga Technical University) - July 18–29, 2022
- Urban, Indoor Gardening and Design (Riga Technical University) - June 27–July 8, 2022
- Waste Management. Clearwater Technologies (Riga Technical University) - July 25– August 5, 2022
- Fracture Structures: Material Stress Resistance (Riga Technical University) - July18-29, 2022
More information: here